I have been wearing a mask every time I leave home since March, 2020. I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!… When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/Supermarkets/Pharmacies/Offices – I want you to know the following:
- I’m educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
- No, I don’t “live in fear” of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
- I don’t feel like the “government controls me”. I feel like I’m an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
- If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
- Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared, stupid or even “controlled”. It makes me caring and responsible.
- When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people’s opinion of you, imagine a loved one – a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger – placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside…..Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
Please stay safe
This post was shared on Facebook, and was not written by The Ocean Times. Please take care and stay safe!