Hundreds of children go missing in South Africa every year. According to Missing Children South Africa’s statistics, 77% of missing children are found.
General Safety Tips
- Ensure your child learns their name, parents name and number, address in case they get lost and help finding you.
- Always carry a recent photograph of your child.
- Do not overshare your child’s schedule on social media.
Important tips to lower the risk of being taken:
- Speak to your children about not talking to strangers.
- Encourage them to express themselves when they feel uncomfortable around people, especially people they know.
- Do not allow your child to walk alone, arrange walking groups, walking bus or lift clubs.
- Be alert of your surroundings, most importantly pay attention to how children in the area react to adults.